1. Close Eyes and Sit Still Focus the mind on the solar plexus, relax the breath, condense the mind and spirit until the spirit is peaceful and Qi sinks to Real Lower Dan Tian (RLDT). Meditate using bone breathing (inhale longer than exhale). Do five minutes.
2. Hold Kuen Luen. Rub palms together to generate heat. Place palms over eyes. Circle eyes nine times clockwise. Circle nine times counterclockwise. Interlock fingers behind head, flex back nine times. Inhale when flexing, exhale when relaxing. You can twist to the sides while flexing. Tap teeth together 36 times, swallow any saliva generated.
3. Knock and Beat the Jade Pillow. Cover ears with palms. Rest middle fingers on the back of head at base of skull (jade pillow area.) Ring and little fingers should remain lifted. Snap index finger off middle finger to tap base of skull 24 times. Gently place palms over ear openings. Move hands away from ears quickly to create a popping sensation. Repeat 24 times. Massage outer ears between thumbs and index fingers from top to bottom nine times.
4. Lightly Swing the Sky Post. Place hands in the lap. Keeping shoulders still, turn the head 12 times to each side. Circle the tongue between teeth and cheeks nine times clockwise and then nine times counterclockwise to generate saliva. Then rinse the mouth with saliva 36 times. Swallow the saliva in three gulps. Each time you swallow, follow the saliva down to the RLDT with your mind.
5. Hands Massage the Essence Door. Rub hands, inhale, hold breath, put palms on Urinary Bladder meridian point 23 (see a chart of the meridian for point location), massage the area 24 times in seasonal circular pattern. Keep mind in Real Lower Dan Tian. Exhale. Do not strain if 24 circles are too many. Do fewer.
6. Right, left windless turn. (Like rowing a boat.) Stretch legs out. Circle nine times each way starting with up, out, down, and in pattern, then do the down, out, up, and in pattern. Move from the shoulders.
7. Lift, Press and Hold the Feet. Stretch legs out. Lift the hands overhead, palms up, fingers interlocked. Hold three seconds. Press palms down on top of head while lifting head. Hold three seconds. Hold the feet and rock side to side, twist. Hold three seconds. Repeat entire process nine times.
8. Entire Sky Slow Transportation. Return to cross-legged position. Meditate using skin breathing (exhale longer than inhale). Put mind under tongue, swish and swallow saliva in three audible gulps. Repeat the swishing and swallowing two more times. Tap legs, massage Stomach 36 (four finger widths below the bottom on the knee cap and one-half inch lateral to the crest of the shin bone, Bladder 58 (in fork of calf), Spleen 6 (four finger widths above crest of ankle bone on inside of calf). Then sit with mind in RLDT. Imagine the whole body on fire.
As learned from Dr. Yang, Jwing Ming at the YMAA Retreat Center, August 2008 with additions from his book, Eight Simple Qigong Health Exercises.